A mule with a twist! Let’s pour libations to the ancestors!
For Juneteenth, my friend Deontay made a custom libation called “40 Acres and a Mule”. Deontay, also known as Tay, is also the founder of The Dapper Theory.
This is a historical twist on the “Moscow mule”.
Tay’s D’usse cocktail is a perfect summer drink – with a delicate refreshing balance of the smooth and woody notes of D’usse, intertwined with the earthy, sweet and midly spicy flavors from fresh mint leaves, lime and ginger beer.
- 2 oz. of D’usse VSOP Cognac
- 0.5 oz. of Lime Juice
- Mint Syrup
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Ginger Beer
- Slightly agitate mint leaves in a highball glass or copper mug.
- Fill the glass with ice about midway.
- Add 2 oz. of D’usse VSOP Cognac.
- Pour in 1/2 oz. of lime juice.
- Stir then add about 3 squirts of mint syrup.
- Add 2-3 oz. of ginger beer.
- Stir gently and garnish with a lime slice.
- Enjoy! 🥃